20060212

The visionary lies to himself, the liar only to others.


Man-
Today was a long day on the old vineyard- I'll tell you why. I worked all day long with the same person and unfortunately he is the only person on my work team whom I don't consider "awesome". Anyway, his name is Dave and he is 18 years old, he lies, and he is dating the boss's daughter, she is 14. Today I learned that dave beat up 7 guys at once, and they had bats! I also learned that Dave likes to jump off a 200 foot high cliff into the river everyday after work, he says it doesn't hurt. It's odd to hear someone lie to you straight faced. I wasn't sure what to say to him after he told me he beat up 7 guys at once. What do you say? "Ya don't say!... 7 guys, Jeeez!...I've only done 5."
Also, my friend Byron moved into my flat yesterday so now the house seems a bit more balanced. He'll only be living there for two weeks, but it'll be nice to have a compadre about.
Today I went swimming after work in a nearby river and I saw first-hand what an introduced algae had done to the river ecosystem here in new zealand. Apparently this stuff, called, "didymo", is choking up the rivers here in new zealand after only being introduced from somewhere around north America last year. Big globs of the stuff were floating all about in the river. GROSS! BARF ME OUT! GAG ME WITH A SPOON! check it out http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/pests-diseases/plants/didymo/

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldn't steal bandwidth by embedding images hosted on 3rd party commercial sites without permission. Enjoy :-)

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on collin.. get it together! quit wasting bandwidth!!! ha. Just got caught up on your last couple blogs.. they make me laugh. especially dave. he sounds awesome! And I had a ranger stop and ask me if I had seen any didymo ... you are suppose to report it everytime you see it.. so go report it now!!!

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why the USA is so great...You can see how weak every other countries ecosystem is compared to the US. We have introduced so many pollutants into the environment that we have basically created a super ecosystem in the US that no other ecosystem can match.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home