20051209

Acquiring Little Brownie

Today Little Brownie rolled into town. A 1982 Mitsubishi Hatch-back, Brown. I drove her today on the highway for about 40 minutes and she purred away perfectly. I'm paying 350 dollars for the car + 50 for warrant of fitness + 120 for registration + 225 for third party insurance. All total I will pay about 740 dollars NZ for the car, or around 500 dollars US. I'm fairly psyched about the whole deal and everyone I speak to about it seems to think it a good deal. Little Brownie is so ugly that she is almost beautiful.
Work has been slowing down a bit in the vineyard lately, so last week I had two days where they my services weren't needed. Oh well, I guess it's only a couple extra bucks and I really have been able to save up some good cash well staying here in blenheim. I'm going to work one more week and then on saturday I will head to the northern coast to do a 3 day backpacking trip with two german girls I met here in blenheim. After that I am going to pick up some australian friends and get down to some serious backpacking. It'll be a nice way to round out december and kick off the new year.
Well, I better get going. I've got to give Little Brownie a full body wax job.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, do you have a picture of Brownie? What's with the photos you have on here? They don't make any sense, they have nothing to do with what you're writing. You're a wierdo. But I'm enjoying the blog. Take care geekface! -Norah

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home